Driving on tires with low tread depth is dangerous, and can lead to a blowout or an accident. If new tires are not in your budget, retreading is an affordable and trusted alternative. We provide tire retreading services for customers in Denver, Craig, Loveland, and Colorado Springs, CO,, and surrounding areas.
We are a MICHELIN® Retread Technologies plant able to provide total casing management through Michelin®’s Bib Tread software system. As part of the Michelin® network, we are able to provide exclusive X-One retreading services.
Recapping vs. Regrooving vs. Retreading
- Recapping is an old industry term for what is now more commonly called tire retreading.
- Regrooving is a process that makes use of existing tread depth by adding new grooves to the original rubber. Besides some safety concerns, the regrooving process greatly reduces the likelihood of that tire being eligible for retread in the future.
- Retreading, also known as recapping, involves buffing away the original tire tread, and applying a new layer of tread.
How To Tell If It’s Time to Retread Your TiresHave you noticed your tires spinning when pulling out from a stop, or a loss of traction while driving? These problems are likely due to poor treading. This is an easy fix when you come to A & E Tire. Our tire retreading services are an affordable alternative to purchasing a new set of tires.
Retreading is widely used on commercial vehicles, but retreading is also a great option for families on a budget, because retreading can generally save you 30 to 50 percent off the cost of new tires. Retreading is also environmentally friendly. When you get new tires, the old ones tend to wind up in a landfill, but retreading allows you to get thousands of additional miles on your current set of tires.
Our Tire Retread ProcessOur experienced technicians will do the following:
- Inspect the condition of your tires and ensure that your current tires are still usable.
- Buff away the remainder of your old tread.
- Apply an entirely new rubber tread using specialized machinery.
The result is a tire every bit as effective as a brand new tire.
At A & E Tire, we have developed a reputation for excellent customer service and quality work at an honest price. Our staff of personable, experienced technicians will have your tires performing again in no time.